Kava Colada Kava Cocktail Recipe
Kava Colada Recipe
This alcohol-free twist on a piña colada is a playful, tasty way to mask kava’s earthiness. Makes 2 to 3 servings.
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice (enough to make 6 pineapple ice cubes)
- 4 Tbsp. Medium grind kava kava powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1oz coconut cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 ice cubes (made from water)
- 1/2 tsp. Single Origin Roasted Cacao Powder
- 2-3 organic orange wedges
- Freeze pineapple juice in an ice cube tray. A 3/4 cup of juice should make 6 ice cubes, enough for this recipe. Or fill an ice cube tray with 2 cups juice to have leftover pineapple ice cubes for another time.
- Combine kava kava powder, coconut milk, coconut cream and orange juice in a blender.
- Blend for 4 minutes and strain out kava pulp with a nut bag
- Add 6 pineapple ice cubes to the blender and 6 ice cubes made from water. Pulse blend to crush the ice. Do not fully blend to avoid melting the ice.
- Pour in a festive glass. Sprinkle with cacao powder and garnish with an orange wedge.
Note: You can make a non-caffeinated chai tea and freeze those into cubes in place of the water ice cubes for a bit more spice and flavor.